Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mahalo, Ngeniyerriya, Shukuriya, Baie Dankie, Diolch, Takk, THANK YOU

I am now home and have been in a whirlwind of visits from friends and family, preparations for my senior year, and transitioning back into college life at Michigan State University. Things are just now starting to settle into routine, as I am moved into my apartment and classes have already started. It is certainly good to be home and back in East Lansing, although I can't help but get nostalgic when reflecting back on the summer. With two journals overflowing with unforgettable experiences, a computer overloaded with photographs, and notebooks piled high with data, it is safe to say that my trip was a success and I could not be more grateful to those who made it possible. I received an abundance of support throughout my trip from so many people and organizations that assisted in finances, data gathering, cultural understanding, accommodations, packing, and so much more. From the gentleman at my local Moosejaw store who patiently brought out shoeboxes as I searched for the perfect walking shoe, to the friends and family who shared my excitement every step of the way- I have an endless list of people to be thanked.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the Circumnavigators Club Foundation for offering the unique opportunity to enhance my education and personal growth with an international experience. Their generous support- from personal donations to guidance along the way- was the foundation for my successful experience.

One cannot measure the invaluable assistance I received along the way from all of my gracious hosts who provided me with accommodations, food, rides, data, guidance, genuine interest in my project, and ultimately, friendship.

The strong support group I had back at home is truly what kept me going on a day-to-day basis. These are the friends and family who worked "behind the scenes," making sure I stayed happy and healthy along the way. The steady influx of emails was a constant source of encouragement and the enthusiasm they showed was so inspiring.

A heart felt thank you to everyone who played a role in my trip. I certainly would not have succeeded without you, and please know that my door is always open to you all.

Luck to you!

Gabby

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Alex Houghton and I am a photo editor for an English teaching company based in Taipei, Taiwan. We produce 3 magazines a month from beginner to advanced levels of English. Our Advanced magazine has a segment called, "News worthy Clips". Apart of the article is about you and your journey and Michigan Circumnavigator Clubs Scholarship.

    I was wondering if you would be willing to allow us to use a photo or 2 for the layout. Specifically, one of you and also maybe the one with you sitting on the sofa as we mention this in the article. We would credit as required and send you a copy of the magazine when published.

    Please have a look at our website to see who we are and what we are about. www.studioclassroom.com.

    When you read this please contact me at: alexh@ortv.com

    Thank you for your time and response.

    Alex Houghton
    Photo Editor
    Studio Classroom

    ReplyDelete